Saturday, May 30, 2009

More specials added

The weekend is upon us, and with this beautiful weather here in jersey I have not had time to update my blog as often as I had hoped. I have been shuffling from home to the shore just about everyday and starting to get into my summer routine.

It takes its toll as I am beat after working 8+ hours and driving an hour to the shore, hitting the beach for some fishing and by the time I get back to the house it is time to get up and go back to work! Sure wish I was 21 again LOL!!

I know this is off topic but the spring striper fishing finally is starting to turn on. The bunker pods are just starting to amass off the surf, and when they get within casting range the bass are right under them.

There have been some big bass to 50lbs weighed in at the local shops and there have been plenty of 20's and 30's in the mix as well. I have 6 so far this spring with the largest being 27lbs. (all released).

So if there are any surf anglers reading my blog, get on down to the beach and cash in on the bassing while it lasts. They are going for the usual clams, bunker chunks, and when the bunker are off the beach, get out the poppers cause they are exploding on them! Better yet, put on that weighted treble and snag one of those bunker and liveline it just off the school and I guarantee you will have an instant hookup.

Back to the collecting front, I did not do well at all on the auctions that ended on Thursday, as usual the bidding wars were out of control! I did pick up a few nice pieces that I will be adding next week when they arrive.

Here is a list of the items I picked up...

Mean Joe Greene Autographed Mini-Helmet
Vijay Singh signed Masters Flag
Bruno Sammartino Autographed Title Belt

I also picked up a nice 150 piece Phillies lot that includes cards, jerseys, balls, bats, tickets, patches, posters, and photos. There are some really nice pieces in there and I can't wait to get them.

OK folks thats all for now, gonna take a nap, and I think I am going to pull an all-nighter on the beach and soak some clams and hope I can be in the right place at the right time. I have a good spot scouted and sure hope it produces!

Will have an update for you tomorrow.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment