Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jersey Coast Collectibles August Update

Greetings everyone! I know, I know, been very lapse in updating the announcements board and my blog. I have been plugging away adding inventory, and tweaking the site. Everything seems to be moving along just fine. Have not encountered a bit of problem (knock on wood).

I have a load of autographed photos that I have been adding to the site. I got in contact with a local collector who is a huge wrestling fan that was looking to downsize his collection. I purchased well over 400 signed photos that he acquired in person traveling around the country to different events. There is a huge variety here with some really big name guys from the past and present.

I was amazed at the collection he had. I would say well over 50% of his home was covered with wrestling memorabilia. It was a sight to see! There were photos, belts, chairs, posters, action figures, wrestling gear, you name it he had it! Talk about a man cave! This was practically his entire home!!

I also have added some signed football, baseball, and hockey photos. Still have a load of cards here that I have adding little by little. Vintage, autos, g/u and rookies. I also have a couple more sweet pieces on the way. Tie Domi signed hockey pants, and an Alice Cooper signed photo.

I also might have another local source for some quality items. He deals in cards and memorabilia also, and he might be able to hook me up with cards (cases and boxes). The plans are in the works, so stay tuned!

Vacation is slowly creeping up here, and I am debating whether to shut the shop down like I normally do, or keep it open. Let me know what your preferences are. Vacation this year will be the second two weeks of October.

We are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Irene at the moment. Looked fine yesterday, but today not so. It took a turn towards the north and is headed straight for the outer banks. That is not a good scenario for us here in jersey. If it keeps on the same track, it could be rather ugly here for us. Will know much better this coming weekend.

Ed

Jersey Coast Collectibles
http://jerseycoastcollectibles.com
sales@jerseycoastcollectibles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment