Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays from Jersey Coast Collectibles!

12/19/2010

Happy Holidays everyone! Not much has been going on here. We have been very busy, just like everyone else preparing for the holidays. Sure did sneak up on us fast this year didn't it? I still have been adding to the inventory, slowly but surely.

We did have one major setback, that really hit us by surprise. One of my major suppliers passed away suddenly last month. Not quite sure if anyone out there knew Adam Hogan aka gotgroovygoods on Ebay. He had his own card shop many years ago down in Destin Florida, then moved out to Las Vegas, then Colorado, then back to Florida again (sure moved around a lot and I kidded him about it all the time!) He will be sadly missed, and he definitely left us way too early.

I have been looking around, making calls, and trying to get another "reputable" steady supplier, but it is tough to find someone to fill Adams shoes. I have a few others that I deal with, and they will get me by for now, but the search will continue. I will continue to do the card show runs, but most of the dealers are virtually impossible to deal with. Every time I get home from these local shows, my stress level is through the roof! Then on top of that, the daily calls from people trying to sell 80's and 90's cards, just puts me over the edge. Attention!! I do not buy any 80's and 90's cards! They have no value to me, and when someone slips them into a lot I buy, they go straight into a "special" box marked charity. I donate them to local schools, hospitals, and churches. They have no resale value!

I did manage to pick up a few nice memorabilia items that will probably be here in a couple weeks. It is nearly impossible anymore trying to find quality pieces at a decent price.

Here is the rundown of what is coming in....

Jerry Rice autographed and framed photo

Mickey Mantle Mitchell & Ness Cooperstown Collection NY Yankees Jersey

Whitey Ford autographed baseball

Robin Roberts autographed baseball

Mia Hamm autographed soccer jersey

Jimmy Carter cut autograph

40 count lot of entertainment and political signed items

Tomorrow 12/20/2010, will be the cut-off date for orders guaranteed by Christmas. If anyone has last minute purchases to make in time for Christmas, make sure you get it in by tomorrow. We all know how backed up the mail is, so get your orders in quickly!

Until next time... Have a safe and Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment